- School Type: Alternative school
- Grades: 7-12
- Enrollment: 92 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 9:1
- Minority Enrollment: 83%
- Graduation Rate: ≥80% (Btm 50% in CA)
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50%
- Math Proficiency: 11-19% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 30-39% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Options Secondary ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Options Secondary's ranking?
Options Secondary ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for: Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%) and Lowest student:teacher ratio (Top 5%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
11-19% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 34% CA state average), while 30-39% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% CA state average).
What is the graduation rate of Options Secondary?
The graduation rate of Options Secondary is 80%, which is lower than the California state average of 85%.
How many students attend Options Secondary?
92 students attend Options Secondary.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
72% of Options Secondary students are Hispanic, 17% of students are White, 7% of students are Two or more races, 3% of students are Asian, and 1% of students are American Indian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Options Secondary?
Options Secondary has a student ration of 9:1, which is lower than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Options Secondary offer ?
Options Secondary offers enrollment in grades 7-12
What school district is Options Secondary part of?
Options Secondary is part of Sweetwater Union High School District.
Review Options Secondary. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities