Hardin Reynolds Elementary School
Hardin Reynolds Elementary School serves 217 students in grades 4-7.
Hardin Reynolds Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Virginia for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 92% (which is higher than the Virginia state average of 82%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 80% (which is higher than the Virginia state average of 78%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is lower than the Virginia state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 24% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is lower than the Virginia state average of 51% (majority Black).
Hardin Reynolds Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
Hardin Reynolds Elementary School's student population of 217 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
The teacher population of 18 teachers has grown by 12% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Hardin Reynolds Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,800 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Hardin Reynolds Elementary School is 0.41, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.68. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (VA)
Overall Testing Rank
#511 out of 1800 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, VA Dept. of Education
Review Hardin Reynolds Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Top 10 Challenges Facing Public School Teachers In 2017
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.
What Are the Top 5 Trends in Elementary School Education?
Education is constantly growing, changing, and evolving. Keep reading to learn about five of the most current trends in elementary education.
Does Your High-Schooler Have Executive Functioning Issues?
If your child has trouble planning, organizing, and executing tasks it could be a condition called executive functioning disorder. Keep reading to learn more.