Sanville Elementary School
Sanville Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Sanville Elementary School's student population of 263 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||263 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sanville Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1363 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Henry Co Pblc Schs School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bassett Campbell Court Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 374 students
220 Campbell Ct
Bassett, VA 24055
(276)629-5344 4.9 PK-5 374
- Bassett Bassett High School Grades: 9-12 | 1154 students
85 Riverside Dr
Bassett, VA 24055
(276)629-1731 5.3 9-12 1154
- Stanleytown Stanleytown Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 316 students
74 Edgewood Dr
Stanleytown, VA 24168
(276)629-5084 6.4 PK-5 316
- Martinsville G.w. Carver Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 558 students
220 Trott Circle
Martinsville, VA 24112
(276)957-2226 6.9 PK-5 558
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.