14350 Culebra Rd
San Antonio, TX 78253
Rating
10/
10
Top 10%
Harlan High School serves 1,458 students in grades 9-11.
Harlan High School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Texas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 75% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 51%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 65% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is higher than the Texas state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 76% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is higher than the Texas state average of 72% (majority Hispanic).

Top Rankings

Harlan High School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:

Category
Attribute

School Overview

Grades Offered
Grades 9-11
Total Students
1,458 students
Gender %
This chart display gender of Harlan High School
Total Classroom Teachers
87 teachers
Students by Grade
This chart display the students of Harlan High School by grade.

School Rankings

Harlan High School is ranked within the top 10% of all 8,043 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Harlan High School is 0.60, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
This School
State Level (TX)
Overall Testing Rank
#657 out of 8043 schools
(Top 10%)
This chart display the overall school rank of Harlan High School, with the latest 2018-19 school year data.
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
75%
51%
This chart display the percentage of students that scored at or above 'proficient' levels in Math of Harlan High School and the percentage of public school students that scored at or above 'proficient' levels in Math of public schools in Texas by year, with the latest 2018-19 school year data.
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
65%
47%
This chart display the percentage of students that scored at or above 'proficient' levels in Reading/Language Arts of Harlan High School and the percentage of public school students that scored at or above 'proficient' levels in Reading/Language Arts of Texas by year, with the latest 2018-19 school year data.
Student : Teacher Ratio
17:1
15:1
American Indian
n/a
1%
Asian
3%
4%
Hispanic
58%
52%
Black
11%
13%
White
24%
28%
Hawaiian
n/a
n/a
Two or more races
4%
2%
All Ethnic Groups
This chart display the percentage breakdown of students of all ethnic groups in Harlan High School.
This chart display the percentage breakdown of public school students of all ethnic groups in TX.
Diversity Score
0.60
Eligible for Free Lunch
23%
53%
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
10%
5%
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, TX Dept. of Education

School Reviews

Review Harlan High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:

  • Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
  • Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Rate this school:

Recent Articles

40% of Teachers Call in Sick in Wisconsin
40% of Teachers Call in Sick in Wisconsin
What happens when nearly half of a state's teachers call in "sick" for school? Learn about the turmoil between legislators and the teachers union in Wisconsin and how the rallies, protests, and fighting will set precedence for other budget-strapped states.
10 Best SAT Prep Methods
10 Best SAT Prep Methods
The SATs are a make or break exam for high school students. Check out the 10 best ways to prepare for the big test.
Common Mental Health Problems in School Children and How to Address Them
Common Mental Health Problems in School Children and How to Address Them
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.

Quick Stats (2021-22)

  • Grades: 9-11
  • Students: 1,458 students
  • Student:Teacher Ratio: 17:1
  • Minority Enrollment: 76%
  • Overall Testing Rank
    : Top 10% in TX
  • Math Proficiency
    : 75% (Top 10%)
  • Reading Proficiency
    : 65% (Top 20%)
  • Diversity Score
    : 0.60

Quick Links