Harlan High School
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 3,173 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 18:1
- Minority Enrollment: 79%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 50% in TX
- Math Proficiency: 22% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 63% (Top 10%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), TX Dept. of Education
Harlan High School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Harlan High School's ranking?
Harlan High School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for: Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
22% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 37% TX state average), while 63% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 42% TX state average).
How many students attend Harlan High School?
3,173 students attend Harlan High School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
60% of Harlan High School students are Hispanic, 21% of students are White, 11% of students are Black, 5% of students are Two or more races, 2% of students are Asian, and 1% of students are Hawaiian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Harlan High School?
Harlan High School has a student ration of 18:1, which is higher than the Texas state average of 14:1.
What grades does Harlan High School offer ?
Harlan High School offers enrollment in grades 9-12
What school district is Harlan High School part of?
Harlan High School is part of Northside Independent School District.
Review Harlan High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities