Harrisburg Middle School
Harrisburg Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Arkansas for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Harrisburg Middle School's student population of 305 students has declined by 17% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-8|
|Total Students||305 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Harrisburg Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AR)|
|Overall School Rank||#477 out of 999 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||14:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Harrisburg School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Harrisburg Harrisburg High School Grades: 9-12 | 381 students
501 W South St
Harrisburg, AR 72432
(870)578-2417 0.0 9-12 381
- Harrisburg Harrisburg Jtc School Grades: 8-12 | 38 students
1800 Pine Grove Ln
Harrisburg, AR 72432
(870)578-5886 1.2 8-12 38
- Weiner Weiner Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 118 students
313 Garfield St
Weiner, AR 72479
(870)684-2252 11.0 K-6 118
- Cherry Valley Cross County Elementary Technical Academy Grades: PK-6 | 361 students
2622 Hwy 42
Cherry Valley, AR 72324
(870)588-3337 11.8 PK-6 361
- Trumann Trumann High School Grades: 9-12 | 451 students
1620 W Main St
Trumann, AR 72472
(870)483-5301 13.2 9-12 451
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.