Hayden High School
- The student population of 923 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The teacher population of 50 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||923 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has stayed the same over five years.
- The school's diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.06 is less than the state average of 0.58. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- Blount County School District's student population of 8,082 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The district's graduation rate of 76% has increased from 72% over five years.
- The revenue/student of $8,033 in this district is less than the state average of $10,181. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $8,098 is less than the state average of $10,301. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four years.
|School District Name||Blount County School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||8,082||2,879|
|District Total Revenue||$66 MM||$30 MM|
|District Spending||$67 MM||$30 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$8,033||$10,181|
|District Spending / Student||$8,098||$10,301|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- HaydenHayden Primary SchoolGrades: KG-2 | 545 students
160 Bracken Ln
Hayden, AL 35079
- HaydenHayden Elementary SchoolGrades: 3-4 | 353 students
4111 State Highway 160
Hayden, AL 35079
- HaydenHayden Middle SchoolGrades: 5-7 | 532 students
310 Second Avenue
Hayden, AL 35079
- WarriorWarrior Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-5 | 299 students
300 Montgomery St
Warrior, AL 35180
- KimberlyNorth Jefferson Middle SchoolGrades: 6-8 | 587 students
8350 Warrior-kimberly Rd
Kimberly, AL 35091
I took my daughter on a tour when she was a junior. I wanted her to appreciate the academic classes that she was receiving at her current school. When they asked me what classes she was currently taking, I had to explain to them what an AP class was as they assumed that I was referring to a simple honors curriculum. I was told that she would have to do dual enrollment to get the same type of classes. My daughter was not impressed in the least when she saw an obvious lack of rigorous academic, language, and fine art curriculum as well a lack of student diversity. As an educator, I found this disturbing. As a former student, I was not surprised. As a parent, I would not send my children there. They deserve better. They deserve an environment rich in academics, language, and diversity, not one that is biased and ill-prepared to meet my child's needs. I can say this much, the school system did offer a trade school rich in technical instruction while I was there.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - jlow
November 09, 2017
The Common Core State Standards Initiative, more commonly referred to simply as “Common Core”, was introduced to help American students graduate from high school better prepared for career and college. But what exactly are these "common core" standards, and are they working?
November 07, 2017
In Indiana, a voucher program is up and running and changing the face of public education in the state.
October 25, 2017
Empower yourself and your children by learning what parents can do to protect their children from bullies and bullying behavior as they enter this new school year.