Henagar Junior High School
- Henagar Junior High School's student population of 294 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||294 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Henagar Junior High School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#373 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||18:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Dekalb County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pisgah Rosalie Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 193 students
162 County Road 355
Pisgah, AL 35765
(256)451-3616 4.5 K-8 193
- Pisgah Pisgah High School Grades: PK-12 | 630 students
60 Metcalf St
Pisgah, AL 35765
(256)451-3241 5.5 PK-12 630
- Sylvania Sylvania School Grades: K-12 | 944 students
133 1st St Nw
Sylvania, AL 35988
(256)638-2030 5.5 K-12 944
- Ider Ider School Grades: PK-12 | 706 students
1064 Crabapple Ln
Ider, AL 35981
(256)632-2302 7.5 PK-12 706
- Dutton Dutton Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 233 students
180 Main St
Dutton, AL 35744
(256)228-4265 8.6 PK-8 233
I`m in 6th grade and I have been going to this school since Kindergarten. I love this school and would not trade it for anything.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - knhil
i use to go there my teacher was mrs.greenwood she was the best teacher that year was my 1st and last year there and the best year there it was my kindergarten year i now live in opelika al and i go to opelika schooli am in the fifth grade and i am eleven years old and my name is nalisha brigs aka beth
- Posted by Student/Alumni - ilove
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.