Hermosa Valley Elementary School
Top Placements (California)
Hermosa Valley Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Hermosa Valley Elementary School's student population of 852 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 35 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2004, 2005)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-8|
|Total Students||852 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hermosa Valley Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 has increased from 23:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
- The school district of Hermosa Valley Elementary School is Hermosa Beach City Elementary School District, which is ranked within the top 10% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Hermosa Beach City Elementary School District's student population of 1,428 students has decreased by 46% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $4,040 in this district is less than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has declined by 19% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $3,851 is less than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has declined by 14% over four school years.
|School District Name||Hermosa Beach City Elementary School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||1,428||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$11 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$10 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$4,040||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$3,851||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Girls Academic Leadership Academy (gala) Grades: PK
4650 W. Olympic Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90019
(310)914-2123 0.1 PK n/a
- Hermosa Beach Hermosa View Elementary School Grades: K-3 | 576 students
1800 Prospect Ave.
Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
(310)798-1680 0.3 K-3 576
- Manhattan Beach Mira Costa High School Grades: 9-12 | 2437 students
1401 Artesia Blvd.
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
(310)318-7337 0.7 9-12 2437
- Manhattan Beach Aurelia Pennekamp Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 560 students
110 S. Rowell
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
(310)798-6223 1.0 K-5 560
- Redondo Beach Jefferson Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 639 students
600 Harkness Ln.
Redondo Beach, CA 90278
(310)798-8631 1.0 K-5 639
Hermosa Valley Elementary School provides nothing but a poor education and a dejecting learning environment. The classes offered are basic. The teachers backgrounds are questionable. The students there are cruel and cliquey. I definitely do not recommend this school. It's a very close-minded environment, where they only meet California standards.
- Posted by Parent - briti
September 17, 2018
Public schools are far from perfect, but they still offer significant benefits to the students that attend their classrooms every day. We’ll list a few of those advantages here.
August 29, 2018
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
August 28, 2018
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.