Hermosa Valley Elementary School
Hermosa Valley Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Hermosa Valley Elementary School's student population of 822 students has declined by 17% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has declined by 19% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2004, 2005)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-8|
|Total Students||822 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hermosa Valley Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#698 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hermosa Beach City Elementary School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Girls Academic Leadership Academy (gala) Grades: 6-12 | 146 students
1067 W. Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90019
(323)900-4533 0.1 6-12 146
- Hermosa Beach Hermosa View Elementary School Grades: K-3 | 556 students
1800 Prospect Ave.
Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
(310)798-1680 0.3 K-3 556
- Manhattan Beach Mira Costa High School Grades: 9-12 | 2514 students
1401 Artesia Blvd.
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
(310)318-7337 0.7 9-12 2514
- Manhattan Beach Aurelia Pennekamp Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 520 students
110 S. Rowell
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
(310)798-6223 1.0 K-5 520
- Redondo Beach Jefferson Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 638 students
600 Harkness Ln.
Redondo Beach, CA 90278
(310)798-8631 1.0 K-5 638
Hermosa Valley Elementary School provides nothing but a poor education and a dejecting learning environment. The classes offered are basic. The teachers backgrounds are questionable. The students there are cruel and cliquey. I definitely do not recommend this school. It's a very close-minded environment, where they only meet California standards.
- Posted by Parent - briti
We’ll look at the recent trend to extend the school year that is sweeping school districts across the country. Does more time in the classroom mean better educated students?
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.