Hermosa View Elementary School
Top Placements (California)
Hermosa View Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 1%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 1%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Hermosa View Elementary School's student population of 576 students has grown by 23% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has grown by 35% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-3|
|Total Students||576 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hermosa View Elementary School is ranked within the top 1% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has decreased from 23:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
- The school district of Hermosa View Elementary School is Hermosa Beach City Elementary School District, which is ranked within the top 10% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Hermosa Beach City Elementary School District's student population of 1,428 students has decreased by 46% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $4,040 in this district is less than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has declined by 19% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $3,851 is less than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has declined by 14% over four school years.
|School District Name||Hermosa Beach City Elementary School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||1,428||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$11 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$10 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$4,040||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$3,851||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Girls Academic Leadership Academy (gala) Grades: PK
4650 W. Olympic Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90019
(310)914-2123 0.4 PK n/a
- Manhattan Beach Mira Costa High School Grades: 9-12 | 2437 students
1401 Artesia Blvd.
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
(310)318-7337 0.4 9-12 2437
- Manhattan Beach Aurelia Pennekamp Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 560 students
110 S. Rowell
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
(310)798-6223 0.7 K-5 560
- Redondo Beach Birney Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 460 students
1600 Green Ln.
Redondo Beach, CA 90278
(310)798-8626 0.8 K-5 460
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.