Herreid Elementary - 02
Herreid Elementary - 02 places among the top 20% of public schools in South Dakota for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 1%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 1%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 1%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Herreid Elementary - 02's student population of 40 students has grown by 17% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 6 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Herreid Elementary - 02 is ranked within the top 1% of all 617 schools in South Dakota (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has increased from 6:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (SD)|
|Overall School Rank||#2 out of 617 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥80%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥80%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Herreid 10-1 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Zeeland Zeeland Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 11 students
510 S Main St
Zeeland, ND 58581
(701)423-5429 14.7 K-6 11
- Hague Bakker Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 11 students
880 96th St Se
Hague, ND 58542
(701)336-7284 14.8 K-8 11
- Strasburg Strasburg Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 71 students
307 N 1st St
Strasburg, ND 58573
(701)336-2667 21.2 K-6 71
- Eureka Eureka Elementary - 02 Grades: PK-5 | 75 students
706 9th St
Eureka, SD 57437
(605)284-2875 22.0 PK-5 75
- Eureka Eureka High School - 01 Grades: 9-12 | 52 students
706 9th St
Eureka, SD 57437
(605)284-2521 22.0 9-12 52
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.