- Hiawatha School's student population of 613 students has grown by 32% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 44 teachers has grown by 29% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||613 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hiawatha School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#2448 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Sachem Central School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Holbrook Nokomis School Grades: K-5 | 519 students
151 Holbrook Rd
Holbrook, NY 11741
(631)471-1840 0.7 K-5 519
- Ronkonkoma Samoset Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 983 students
51 School St
Ronkonkoma, NY 11779
(631)471-1700 1.0 6-8 983
- Ronkonkoma Sachem High School North Grades: 9-12 | 2238 students
212 Smith Rd
Ronkonkoma, NY 11779
(631)471-1400 1.4 9-12 2238
- Lake Grove Cayuga School Grades: K-5 | 563 students
865 Hawkins Ave
Lake Grove, NY 11755
(631)471-1800 1.8 K-5 563
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.