Hickory Ridge Middle School
Hickory Ridge Middle School serves 1,108 students in grades 6-8.
Hickory Ridge Middle School placed in the top 10% of all schools in North Carolina for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 72% (which is higher than the North Carolina state average of 42%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 66% (which is higher than the North Carolina state average of 46%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is higher than the North Carolina state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 44% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the North Carolina state average of 54% (majority Black).
Hickory Ridge Middle School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Hickory Ridge Middle School's student population of 1,108 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
The teacher population of 58 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Hickory Ridge Middle School is ranked within the top 10% of all 2,571 schools in North Carolina (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Hickory Ridge Middle School is 0.63, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.69. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (NC)
Overall Testing Rank
#202 out of 2571 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) NCES, NC Dept. of Education
I live in Maryland and i came to NC on the 4th of July till the 7th. We were looking for homes and schools arrond your area and it was really good. I think your school is great and, ihope i come there when i move in 2015 inbetween 8th grade cause im going to 7th grade this year.
Review Hickory Ridge Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
School Safety: Shootings
Teachers and parents must be prepared for anything that impacts the safety of our young people.
What are the Top High Schools in Boston?
We review recent rankings from Boston Magazine that shows the top-rated high schools in this extensive school district.
An Overview of the Funding of Public Schools
Learn about how public schools are funded today and how the federal and local monies are allocated.