Highland Elementary School
- Highland Elementary School's student population of 350 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||350 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Highland Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#2237 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Evans-brant Central (lake Shore) School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lake View Pinehurst Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 679 students
6050 Fairway Ct
Lake View, NY 14085
(716)926-1770 2.1 K-5 679
- Hamburg Frontier Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1148 students
2751 Amsdell Rd
Hamburg, NY 14075
(716)926-1730 4.6 6-8 1148
- Hamburg Cloverbank Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 582 students
2761 Cloverbank Rd
Hamburg, NY 14075
(716)926-1760 5.0 PK-5 582
- Angola Lake Shore Senior High School Grades: 9-12 | 820 students
959 Beach Rd
Angola, NY 14006
(716)926-2310 5.0 9-12 820
- Eden Eden Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 402 students
8289 N Main St
Eden, NY 14057
(716)992-3610 5.1 K-8 402
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.