Highland Elementary School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 399 students
- Minority Enrollment: 18%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in IL
- Math Proficiency: 44% (Top 30%)
- Reading Proficiency: 53% (Top 20%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IL Dept. of Education
Highland Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Highland Elementary School's ranking?
Highland Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for: Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
44% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 33% IL state average), while 53% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 38% IL state average).
How many students attend Highland Elementary School?
399 students attend Highland Elementary School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
82% of Highland Elementary School students are White, 7% of students are Asian, 7% of students are Hispanic, 3% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are Black.
What grades does Highland Elementary School offer ?
Highland Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-6
View the Highland Elementary School yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
Review Highland Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities