Lester Elementary School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 533 students
- Minority Enrollment: 19%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 10% in IL
- Math Proficiency: 61% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 64% (Top 10%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IL Dept. of Education
Lester Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Lester Elementary School's ranking?
Lester Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for: Highest overall rank (Top 10%), Highest math proficiency (Top 10%) and Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
61% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 33% IL state average), while 64% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 38% IL state average).
How many students attend Lester Elementary School?
533 students attend Lester Elementary School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
81% of Lester Elementary School students are White, 9% of students are Hispanic, 6% of students are Two or more races, 3% of students are Asian, and 1% of students are Black.
What grades does Lester Elementary School offer ?
Lester Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-6
Review Lester Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities