Highland Mill Montessori
- Highland Mill Montessori's student population of 289 students has grown by 21% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||289 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Highland Mill Montessori's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#127 out of 2,538 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Charlotte-Mecklenburg s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charlotte Irwin Academic Center Grades: K-5 | 491 students
329 N. Irwin Ave
Charlotte, NC 28202
(980)343-5480 0.6 K-5 491
- Charlotte Highland Renaissance Academy Grades: PK-5 | 500 students
125 W Craighead Rd
Charlotte, NC 28206
(980)343-5511 0.9 PK-5 500
- Charlotte Shamrock Gardens Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 488 students
3301 Country Club Dr
Charlotte, NC 28205
(980)343-6440 1.1 PK-5 488
- Charlotte Garinger High School Grades: 9-12 | 1940 students
1100 Eastway Dr
Charlotte, NC 28205
(980)343-6450 1.2 9-12 1940
Research shows that students of color face a disproportionate number of disciplinary actions in U.S. public schools. Learn about these disparities, as well as the policies that fuel them. Also learn about suggested measures to address this problem.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.