Highland Park Elementary School
Highland Park Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Highland Park Elementary School's student population of 344 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||344 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Highland Park Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,796 schools in Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#531 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Roanoke City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Roanoke Wasena Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 245 students
1125 Sherwood Ave Sw
Roanoke, VA 24015
(540)853-2914 1.0 K-5 245
- Roanoke Hurt Park Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 399 students
1525 Salem Ave Sw
Roanoke, VA 24016
(540)853-2986 1.2 PK-5 399
- Roanoke Crystal Spring Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 324 students
2620 Carolina Ave Sw
Roanoke, VA 24014
(540)853-2976 1.3 PK-5 324
- Roanoke Lucy Addison Aerospace Magnet Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 585 students
1220 5th Street Nw
Roanoke, VA 24016
(540)853-2681 1.4 6-8 585
A NYC public school is now completely vegetarian! How have students reacted, and will other public schools follow suit?
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.