Crystal Spring Elementary School
Crystal Spring Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Crystal Spring Elementary School's student population of 324 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2015)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||324 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Crystal Spring Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,796 schools in Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥95%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥95%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Roanoke City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Roanoke James Madison Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 630 students
1160 Overland Rd Sw
Roanoke, VA 24015
(540)853-2351 1.1 6-8 630
- Roanoke Highland Park Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 344 students
1212 5th St Sw
Roanoke, VA 24016
(540)853-2963 1.3 PK-5 344
- Roanoke Wasena Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 245 students
1125 Sherwood Ave Sw
Roanoke, VA 24015
(540)853-2914 1.3 K-5 245
- Roanoke Garden City Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 295 students
3718 Garden City Blvd Se
Roanoke, VA 24014
(540)853-2971 1.7 PK-5 295
Gifted students often fail to thrive in traditional academic environments because they are not being challenged. In this article you will learn how to make sure your gifted student gets the quality education he or she deserves.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.