Hollingers Island Elementary School
- Hollingers Island Elementary School's student population of 317 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has declined by 21% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||317 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hollingers Island Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#229 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Mobile County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Theodore Mary W Burroughs Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 341 students
6875 Burroughs Ln
Theodore, AL 36582
(251)221-1077 4.2 PK-5 341
- Theodore Katherine H Hankins Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 749 students
5750 Katherine Hankins Dr
Theodore, AL 36582
(251)221-2200 5.0 6-8 749
- Mobile Dr. Robert W. Gilliard Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 793 students
2757 Dauphin Island Parkway
Mobile, AL 36605
(251)221-1820 5.4 PK-5 793
Nearby Homes for Sale
Research shows that students of color face a disproportionate number of disciplinary actions in U.S. public schools. Learn about these disparities, as well as the policies that fuel them. Also learn about suggested measures to address this problem.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.