Mary W Burroughs Elementary School
- Mary W Burroughs Elementary School's student population of 341 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has declined by 20% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||341 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mary W Burroughs Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#777 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Mobile County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Theodore Katherine H Hankins Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 749 students
5750 Katherine Hankins Dr
Theodore, AL 36582
(251)221-2200 0.8 6-8 749
- Theodore Nan Gray Davis Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 519 students
6900 Nan Gray Davis Rd
Theodore, AL 36582
(251)221-1166 1.6 PK-5 519
- Mobile Wc Griggs Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 732 students
6001 Three Notch Rd
Mobile, AL 36619
(251)221-1330 3.0 PK-5 732
- Irvington George H Bryant Vocational-agricultural Grades: 9-12
8950 Padgett Switch Rd
Irvington, AL 36544
(251)957-2845 3.9 9-12 n/a
Nearby Homes for Sale
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.