Hollister Elementary School
Hollister Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Hollister Elementary School's student population of 188 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has grown by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||188 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hollister Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#1589 out of 2,538 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||16:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Halifax County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hollister Haliwa-saponi Tribal School Grades: K-12 | 169 students
130 Haliwa-saponi Trail
Hollister, NC 27844
(252)257-5853 2.3 K-12 169
- Littleton Aurelian Springs Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 304 students
10536 Hwy 48
Littleton, NC 27850
(252)586-4944 10.5 PK-5 304
- Whitakers Swift Creek Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 259 students
2420 Swift Creek School Road
Whitakers, NC 27891
(252)462-2840 10.8 3-5 259
- Macon Vaughan Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 240 students
2936 Us Hwy 158e
Macon, NC 27551
(252)257-6802 10.9 PK-5 240
- Enfield Pittman Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 148 students
25041 Hwy 561
Enfield, NC 27823
(252)445-5268 11.1 PK-5 148
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.