Hommocks School places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Hommocks School's student population of 1,231 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 96 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||1,231 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||96 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hommocks School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#1094 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||MAMARONECK UNION FREE SCHOOL DISTRICT School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Larchmont Central School Grades: K-5 | 489 students
1100 Palmer Ave
Larchmont, NY 10538
(914)220-3400 0.3 K-5 489
- Larchmont Murray Avenue School Grades: K-5 | 739 students
250 Murray Ave
Larchmont, NY 10538
(914)220-3700 1.0 K-5 739
- New Rochelle Henry Barnard School Grades: PK-2 | 464 students
129 Barnard Rd
New Rochelle, NY 10801
(914)576-4386 1.4 PK-2 464
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.