Horizon Science Academy Toledo
- Horizon Science Academy Toledo's student population of 537 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 55 teachers has grown by 161% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||537 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||55 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Horizon Science Academy Toledo is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,247 schools in Ohio (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OH)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#3070 out of 3247 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Horizon Science Academy Toledo School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Toledo Glass City Academy Grades: 11-12 | 251 students
1000 Monroe St
Toledo, OH 43604
(419)720-6311 0.4 11-12 251
- Toledo Madison Avenue School Of Arts Grades: K-5 | 523 students
1511 Madison Ave
Toledo, OH 43604
(419)259-4000 0.6 K-5 523
- Toledo Garfield Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 448 students
1103 N Ravine Pkwy
Toledo, OH 43605
(419)671-7550 0.7 K-8 448
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.