Howard D. Mcmillan Middle School
- Howard D. Mcmillan Middle School's student population of 902 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 49 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||902 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||49 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Howard D. Mcmillan Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||#991 out of 3,601 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Dade School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Bridgeprep Academy Of Village Green Grades: K-8 | 771 students
13300 Sw 120th St
Miami, FL 33186
(305)290-4246 0.7 K-8 771
- Miami Miami Sunset Adult Education Center Grades: AE
13125 Sw 72nd St
Miami, FL 33183
(305)385-4255 0.9 AE n/a
- Miami Archimedean Academy Grades: K-5 | 649 students
12425 Sw 72nd St
Miami, FL 33183
(305)279-6572 1.1 K-5 649
The school was the best the teachers the office people and anything that school should be at A+ school this year.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - mikel
Great teachers. Poor bureaucratic and micro-managing administration that does not support them (only a select few) resulting in low morale and less than positive professional outlook . Despite that teachers find a way to do their jobs to the best of their ability and look out for their students. If you are into STEM this is the place for you. Lots of support for STEM. Other areas live in the shadows. Especially electives, ESOL, and special education. Very little choices for electives and extracurricular activities especially considering the school once had one of the largest ranges of available electives and activities in the district. Located in a middle class sub-urban area, the school is secure and clean.
- Posted by Teacher - Critical Apple
Great teachers. I just don't like the fact that we have 6 periods which is twice as much homework as most people. Other then that great school always clean.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Thea
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.