Howe Elementary School
Howe Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Wisconsin for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 1%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Howe Elementary School's student population of 439 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 41 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||439 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Howe Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,027 schools in Wisconsin (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WI)|
|Overall School Rank||#1912 out of 2,027 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||6-9%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Green Bay Area Public School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Green Bay Aldo Leopold Community School K-8 Grades: PK-8 | 549 students
622 Eliza St
Green Bay, WI 54301
(920)448-2140 0.5 PK-8 549
- Green Bay Bay View Grades: PK-12 | 42 students
325 N Roosevelt St
Green Bay, WI 54301
(920)448-2150 0.6 PK-12 42
- Green Bay Green Bay Head Start Elementary School Grades: PK-K | 208 students
1420 Harvey St
Green Bay, WI 54302
(920)448-2226 0.6 PK-K 208
- Green Bay Tank Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 221 students
814 S Oakland Ave
Green Bay, WI 54304
(920)448-2104 0.8 PK-5 221
- Green Bay Fort Howard Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 242 students
520 Dousman St
Green Bay, WI 54303
(920)448-2105 0.9 PK-5 242
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.