Hudson High School serves 354 students in grades 7-12.
Hudson High School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Iowa for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 82% (which is higher than the Iowa state average of 64%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 80% (which is higher than the Iowa state average of 68%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is equal to the Iowa state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 12% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Iowa state average of 27% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: 7-12
- Enrollment: 354 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 12%
- Graduation Rate: ≥95% (Top 5% in IA)
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 10%
- Math Proficiency: 82% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 80% (Top 20%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IA Dept. of Education
Hudson High School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Iowa for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Hudson High School's student population of 354 students has grown by 16% over five school years.
The teacher population of 25 teachers has grown by 19% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Hudson High School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,221 schools in Iowa (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Hudson High School is 0.22, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.45. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (IA)
Overall Testing Rank
#120 out of 1221 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Hudson High School's ranking?
Hudson High School is ranked #120 out of 1,221 schools, which ranks it among the top 10% of public schools in Iowa.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
82% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 64% IA state average), while 80% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 68% IA state average).
What is the graduation rate of Hudson High School?
The graduation rate of Hudson High School is 95%, which is higher than the Iowa state average of 87%.
How many students attend Hudson High School?
354 students attend Hudson High School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
88% of Hudson High School students are White, 6% of students are Hispanic, 5% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Hudson High School?
Hudson High School has a student ration of 14:1, which is equal to the Iowa state average of 14:1.
What grades does Hudson High School offer ?
Hudson High School offers enrollment in grades 7-12
What school district is Hudson High School part of?
Hudson High School is part of Hudson Comm School District.
This school failed my son when he went there as a freshman. He was bullied by students and staff. All they care about is making sure they have high scores instead of teaching a child.
Review Hudson High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Spitting Rhymes for Flashy Grades: The Link Between Hip Hop Curriculum and Improved Learning
Can rap lyrics and hip hop beats help students learn more? Studies and some public schools say yes!
When Field Trips Turn Deadly: Who is Responsible?
Recent deaths during field trips have parents and school officials questioning the safety of these excursions. Learn about these tragedies and what parameters should be in place to ensure a safe field trip.
October 30, 2023Demystifying IEPs
Unlock the power of Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) in this comprehensive guide. Discover how IEPs support students with diverse needs, including behavioral challenges. This article is a must-read for parents navigating the education system and aspiring teachers seeking to make a positive impact.