Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Alternative school
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 197 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 12:1
- Minority Enrollment: 52%
- Graduation Rate: 75-79% (Btm 50% in CA)
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50%
- Math Proficiency: ≤10% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 40-49% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Idea Center ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Idea Center's ranking?
Idea Center ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for: Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%) and Lowest student:teacher ratio (Top 10%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
≤10% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 34% CA state average), while 40-49% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% CA state average).
What is the graduation rate of Idea Center?
The graduation rate of Idea Center is 75-79%, which is lower than the California state average of 85%.
How many students attend Idea Center?
197 students attend Idea Center.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
48% of Idea Center students are White, 35% of students are Hispanic, 10% of students are Black, 5% of students are Two or more races, 1% of students are Asian, and 1% of students are Hawaiian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Idea Center?
Idea Center has a student ration of 12:1, which is lower than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Idea Center offer ?
Idea Center offers enrollment in grades 9-12
What school district is Idea Center part of?
Idea Center is part of Grossmont Union High School District.
Review Idea Center. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities