Fletcher Hills Elementary School
Fletcher Hills Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Fletcher Hills Elementary School's student population of 663 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||663 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Fletcher Hills Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 28:1 has decreased from 29:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#687 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||La Mesa-Spring Valley School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- La Mesa Northmont Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 474 students
9405 Gregory St.
La Mesa, CA 91941
(619)668-5830 0.7 K-6 474
- La Mesa Parkway Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 838 students
9009 Park Plaza Dr.
La Mesa, CA 91941
(619)668-5810 0.7 7-8 838
- San Diego Magnolia Science Academy San Diego Grades: 6-8 | 404 students
6525 Estrella Ave.
San Diego, CA 92120
(619)644-1300 1.0 6-8 404
- El Cajon Flying Hills Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 570 students
1251 Finch St.
El Cajon, CA 92020
(619)588-3132 1.1 K-6 570
- San Diego Gage Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 537 students
6811 Bisby Lake Dr.
San Diego, CA 92119
(619)463-0202 1.2 K-5 537
What happens when a school district stops busing students? Could segregation once again be a reality for public school districts? Wake County in North Carolina is testing the segregation waters with its decision to stop busing students in their district.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.