Northmont Elementary School
- Northmont Elementary School's student population of 474 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||474 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Northmont Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#2711 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||La Mesa-Spring Valley School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- La Mesa Parkway Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 838 students
9009 Park Plaza Dr.
La Mesa, CA 91941
(619) 668-5810 0.5 7-8 838
- La Mesa Fletcher Hills Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 663 students
2330 Center Pl.
La Mesa, CA 91941
(619) 668-5820 0.7 K-6 663
- San Diego Magnolia Science Academy San Diego Grades: 6-8 | 404 students
6525 Estrella Ave.
San Diego, CA 92120
(619) 644-1300 1.2 6-8 404
- El Cajon Eje Elementary Academy Charter Grades: K-5 | 559 students
851 S. Johnson Ave.
El Cajon, CA 92020
(619) 401-4150 1.4 K-5 559
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.