Helix High School
Helix High School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Helix High School's student population of 2475 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 95 teachers has grown by 11% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||2,475 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||95 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Helix High School is ranked within the top 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 26:1 has decreased from 29:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Helix High School is Grossmont Union High School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Grossmont Union High School District's student population of 21,773 students has decreased by 5% over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 82% has increased from 77% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $10,906 in this district is less than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has declined by 13% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,627 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has grown by 16% over four school years.
|School District Name||Grossmont Union High School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||21,773||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$251 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$336 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$10,906||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$14,627||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- La Mesa La Mesa Dale Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 454 students
4370 Parks Ave.
La Mesa, CA 91941
(619)668-5740 0.5 K-6 454
- La Mesa Vista La Mesa Academy Grades: K-8 | 630 students
3900 Violet St.
La Mesa, CA 91941
(619)825-5645 0.6 K-8 630
- San Diego America's Finest Charter Grades: K-8 | 277 students
730 45th St.
San Diego, CA 92102
(619)694-4809 0.7 K-8 277
- La Mesa Rolando Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 546 students
6925 Tower St.
La Mesa, CA 91941
(619)668-5800 0.7 K-6 546
~Excellent school- I was going to home school my children if they did not make it into Helix. Teacher response to any of my questions or concerns is immediate. The education my children are receiving is outstanding. The staff is friendly and professional. Despite the negative on goings that Helix has had in the recent past, I have no regrets nor concerns of the safety of my children. This could happen at any school. I would recommend this school to any parent who expresses concern for their child's educational future.
- Posted by Parent - andre