La Mesa Arts Academy
La Mesa Arts Academy places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- La Mesa Arts Academy's student population of 1,073 students has grown by 83% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 41 teachers has grown by 78% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-8|
|Total Students||1,073 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- La Mesa Arts Academy's student:teacher ratio of 26:1 has increased from 25:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1960 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||La Mesa-Spring Valley School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to La Mesa Arts Academy is Helix High School (0.6 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Lemon Grove Academy For The Sciences And Humanities (0.9 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is La Mesa Dale Elementary School (0.2 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- La Mesa La Mesa Dale Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 459 students
4370 Parks Ave.
La Mesa, CA 91941
(619)668-5740 0.2 K-6 459
- Lemon Grove Lemon Grove Academy For The Sciences And Humanities Grades: K-8 | 1153 students
7866 Lincoln St.
Lemon Grove, CA 91945
(619)825-5628 0.9 K-8 1153
- La Mesa Vista La Mesa Academy Grades: K-8 | 631 students
3900 Violet St.
La Mesa, CA 91941
(619)825-5645 1.0 K-8 631
- San Diego America's Finest Charter Grades: K-8 | 390 students
730 45th St.
San Diego, CA 92102
(619)694-4809 1.2 K-8 390
The school is okay. Not great. Will not put my 3rd child in this school, we will be going to Parkway Middle where the teachers are more interested in teaching. The principle at this school LMMS, needs to have a reality check with her students.
- Posted by Parent - scoob