Top Brown County Public Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2 top public schools in Brown County, Illinois, serving 526 students.
- Brown County, IL public schools have a diversity score of 0.07, which is lower than the Illinois average of 0.31.
- Minority enrollment is 5% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 13:1.
Top Brown County Public Schools (2018-19)
Brown County Public Schools (Closed)
- School Location Grades Students
- Versailles Brown County Middle School (Closed 2004)
Grades: 3-5 | 174 students Po Box 314
Versailles, IL 62378
(217)225-3412 3-5 174
- Mount Sterling Western Illinois Correctional Center (Closed 2016)
Grades: 12 2500 Route 99 South
Mount Sterling, IL 62353
(217)773-4441 12 n/a
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.