Fairview SD 72 School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Fairview SD 72 School District serving 707 students in Skokie, Illinois.
- Minority enrollment is 52% of the student body (majority Asian), which is more than the Illinois state average of 51%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
Fairview SD 72 School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Skokie Fairview South Elementary School 7040 Laramie Ave
Skokie, IL 60077
Grades: PK-8 | 707 students
|School District Name||Fairview SD 72 School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||707 students|
|# of Teachers||61 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
|# of Male Students||334 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||373 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||239 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||88 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||16 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||337 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||3 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||24 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||4|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||75|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||71|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||77|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||84|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||88|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||66|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||93|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||78|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||71|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Fairview SD 72 School District, which is ranked within the top 10% of all 851 school districts in Illinois (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (IL)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $19,599 is higher than the state average of $14,514. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $15,349 is higher than the state average of $14,861. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IL)|
|Total Revenue||$13 MM||$11 MM|
|Spending||$10 MM||$11 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$19,599||$14,514|
|Spending / Student||$15,349||$14,861|
Collaborative reasoning, which encourages independent critical thinking, is growing in popularity amongst public schools. Learn about collaborative reasoning and how it benefits public school classrooms.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.