Imperial Elementary School
- Imperial Elementary School's student population of 543 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-3|
|Total Students||543 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Imperial Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#4596 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Downey Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Downey Ward Elementary School Grades: K-3 | 416 students
8851 E. Adoree St.
Downey, CA 90242
(562) 904-3591 0.7 K-3 416
- Downey Alameda Elementary School Grades: K-3 | 611 students
8613 E. Alameda St.
Downey, CA 90242
(562) 904-3589 0.8 K-3 611
- Paramount Theodore Roosevelt Grades: K-5 | 650 students
13451 Merkel Ave.
Paramount, CA 90723
(562) 602-8056 0.9 K-5 650
- Downey Warren High School Grades: 9-12 | 3,638 students
8141 De Palma St.
Downey, CA 90241
(562) 869-7306 1.0 9-12 3,638
We have followed the Atlanta cheating scandal story, and now, administrative consequences have been handed out to the teachers implicated, and a jury is considering criminal charges against some of the teachers as well.
Learn about a school district in Missouri that buckled under the pressure of the ACLU and took single-sex classes out of its schools. We’ll also look at some of the evidence that both supports and refutes the benefits of single-sex classrooms.
Some schools in the country only give students 10 minutes to eat lunch, while others enjoy an entire hour. We’ll delve into the controversy surrounding the length of the lunch period and what the research finds in correlating lunch length to student performance.