Imperial Elementary School
Top Placements (California)
Imperial Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Imperial Elementary School's student population of 545 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-3|
|Total Students||545 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Imperial Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has decreased from 24:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||24:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Imperial Elementary School is Downey Unified School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Downey Unified School District's student population of 22,581 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $8,483 in this district is less than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has declined by 10% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $8,923 is less than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has declined by 9% over four school years.
|School District Name||Downey Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||22,581||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$194 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$204 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$8,483||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$8,923||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Downey Ward Elementary School Grades: K-3 | 452 students
8851 E. Adoree St.
Downey, CA 90242
(562)904-3591 0.7 K-3 452
- Downey Alameda Elementary School Grades: K-3 | 607 students
8613 E. Alameda St.
Downey, CA 90242
(562)904-3589 0.8 K-3 607
- Paramount odore Roosevelt Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 719 students
13451 Merkel Ave.
Paramount, CA 90723
(562)602-8056 0.9 K-5 719
- Downey Warren High School Grades: 9-12 | 3701 students
8141 De Palma St.
Downey, CA 90241
(562)869-7306 1.0 9-12 3701
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.