Imperial Elementary School
- Imperial Elementary School's student population of 541 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-3|
|Total Students||541 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Imperial Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#3317 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||23:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Downey Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Downey Ward Elementary School Grades: K-3 | 438 students
8851 E. Adoree St.
Downey, CA 90242
(562)904-3591 0.7 K-3 438
- Downey Alameda Elementary School Grades: K-3 | 610 students
8613 E. Alameda St.
Downey, CA 90242
(562)904-3589 0.8 K-3 610
- Paramount Theodore Roosevelt Grades: K-5 | 687 students
13451 Merkel Ave.
Paramount, CA 90723
(562)602-8056 0.9 K-5 687
- Downey Warren High School Grades: 9-12 | 3678 students
8141 De Palma St.
Downey, CA 90241
(562)869-7306 1.0 9-12 3678
We’ll look at the recent trend to extend the school year that is sweeping school districts across the country. Does more time in the classroom mean better educated students?
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.