Alameda Elementary School
Top Placements (California)
Alameda Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Alameda Elementary School's student population of 607 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has declined by 18% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-3|
|Total Students||607 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Alameda Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has increased from 20:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||24:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Alameda Elementary School is Downey Unified School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Downey Unified School District's student population of 22,581 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $8,483 in this district is less than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has declined by 10% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $8,923 is less than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has declined by 9% over four school years.
|School District Name||Downey Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||22,581||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$194 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$204 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$8,483||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$8,923||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Downey Los Angeles County Rop High School Grades: 9-12
9300 Imperial Hwy., Clark Bldg
Downey, CA 90242
(562)922-6850 0.7 9-12 n/a
- Downey Los Angeles County Special Education Grades: K-12 | 643 students
9300 Imperial Hwy.
Downey, CA 90242
(562)803-8306 0.7 K-12 643
- Downey Warren High School Grades: 9-12 | 3701 students
8141 De Palma St.
Downey, CA 90241
(562)869-7306 0.7 9-12 3701
- Downey Alternative Opportunity Programs Grades: K-12 | 97 students
12830 Columbia Way
Downey, CA 90242
(562)803-8203 0.8 K-12 97
Cell phone policies are changing at schools across the country, and some are even embracing the technology to enhance the learning experience or improve student safety.
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.