Independence High School
Independence High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Utah for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Independence High School's student population of 195 students has declined by 31% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Total Students||195 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
- Independence High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 957 schools in Utah (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (UT)|
|Overall School Rank||#946 out of 957 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||n/a||34:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Provo School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Provo Provo Adult Education Grades: 9-12
636 N Independence Ave
Provo, UT 84601
(801)374-4840 0.0 9-12 n/a
- Provo Westridge School Grades: K-6 | 769 students
1720 W 1460 N
Provo, UT 84604
(801)374-4870 0.8 K-6 769
- Provo Sunset View School Grades: K-6 | 603 students
1520 West 600 South
Provo, UT 84601
(801)374-4950 1.1 K-6 603
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.