Top Daviess County Public Middle Schools
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 3 public middle schools in Daviess County, IN, serving 1,270 students. Daviess County, IN public middle schools have an average math proficiency score of 59% (versus the Indiana public middle school average of 52%), and reading proficiency score of 64% (versus the 62% statewide average). Middle schools in Daviess County have an average ranking of 8/10, which is in the top 30% of Indiana public middle schools.
- Minority enrollment is 11% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Indiana public middle school average of 32% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is more than the Indiana public middle school average of 16:1.
Top Daviess County Public Middle Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Barr Reeve Middle/High School 627 N 3rd St
Montgomery, IN 47558
Grades: 6-12 | 403 students
- North Daviess Junior Senior High School 5494 E Sr 58
Elnora, IN 47529
Grades: 7-12 | 483 students
- Washington Junior High School 210 Ne 6th St
Washington, IN 47501
Grades: 7-8 | 384 students
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.