Top Dekalb County Public Preschools
- For the 2021 school year, there are 4 public preschools in Dekalb County, IN, serving 1,683 students. Dekalb County, IN public preschools have an average math proficiency score of 66% (versus the Indiana public pre school average of 58%), and reading proficiency score of 61% (versus the 60% statewide average). Pre schools in Dekalb County have an average ranking of 6/10, which is in the top 50% of Indiana public pre schools.
- Minority enrollment is 9% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Indiana public preschool average of 33% (majority Hispanic and Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is more than the Indiana public preschool average of 18:1.
Top Dekalb County Public Preschools (2021)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- James R Watson Elementary School 901 Eckhart Ave
Auburn, IN 46706
Grades: PK-5 | 608 students
- Country Meadow Elementary School 2410 Cr 10
Ashley, IN 46705
Grades: PK-5 | 309 students
- Mckenney-harrison Elementary School 400 South Indiana Ave
Auburn, IN 46706
Grades: PK-5 | 566 students
- Waterloo Elementary School 300 E Douglas St
Waterloo, IN 46793
Grades: PK-5 | 200 students
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.