47390 Indiana Public Middle Schools
- For the 2021 school year, there is 1 public middle school in 47390, Indiana, serving 400 students.
- Public middle school in zipcode 47390 have an average math proficiency score of 17% (versus the Indiana public middle school average of 52%), and reading proficiency score of 52% (versus the 62% statewide average). Middle schools in 47390, Indiana have an average ranking of 2/10, which is in the bottom 50% of Indiana public middle schools.
- Minority enrollment is 23% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Indiana public middle school average of 32% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is more than the Indiana public middle school average of 16:1.
47390, IN Public Middle Schools (2021)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Union City Community Jr/sr High School 603 N Walnut St
Union City, IN 47390
Grades: 7-12 | 400 students
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.