47390 Indiana Public High Schools
- For the 2021 school year, there is 1 public high school in 47390, Indiana, serving 400 students.
- Public high school in zipcode 47390 have an average math proficiency score of 17% (versus the Indiana public high school average of 39%), and reading proficiency score of 52% (versus the 58% statewide average). High schools in 47390, Indiana have an average ranking of 2/10, which is in the bottom 50% of Indiana public high schools.
- Public high school in zipcode 47390 have a Graduation Rate of 95%, which is more than the Indiana average of 88%.
- The school with highest graduation rate is Union City Community Jr/sr High School, with ≥95% graduation rate. Read more about public school graduation rate statistics in Indiana or national school graduation rate statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 23% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Indiana public high school average of 30% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is equal to the Indiana public high school average of 17:1.
47390, IN Public High Schools (2021)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Union City Community Jr/sr High School 603 N Walnut St
Union City, IN 47390
Grades: 7-12 | 400 students
Learn about why technical public high schools are earning attention for their unique career-training opportunities.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Some educators and community leaders are pushing for more math and science at the high school level. Is the move really necessary and if so, how do schools get students more interested in these STEM subjects?