Emmetsburg Community School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 3 public schools in Emmetsburg Community School District, serving 807 students. Emmetsburg Community School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Iowa.
- Public schools in Emmetsburg Community School District have an average math proficiency score of 70% (versus the Iowa public school average of 76%), and reading proficiency score of 65% (versus the 74% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is 1/10, which is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Iowa.
- Minority enrollment is 10% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Iowa public school average of 24% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the Iowa public school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Emmetsburg Community School District|
|School District Website||http://www.e-hawks.org|
|School District Phone Number||(712) 852-3201|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IA)|
|# of Schools||3 Schools||1,330 Schools|
|# of Students||807 Students||502,459 Students|
|# of Teachers||58 Teachers||34,396 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
- Emmetsburg Community School District, which is ranked within the1/, bottom 50% of all 332 school districts in Iowa (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.10
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has decreased from 90% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (IA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||5 Students||1,874 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||11 Students||12,683 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||44 Students||54,404 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||9 Students||30,879 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||726 Students||381,240 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||1,350 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||12 Students||20,029 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||38||22,072|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||71||38,247|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||44||34,902|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||48||36,010|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||51||36,631|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||54||37,922|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||46||37,957|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||74||37,546|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||62||37,038|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||56||36,371|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||75||37,643|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||66||37,027|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||59||36,147|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||63||36,946|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,109 is higher than the state average of 10550. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,253 is higher than the state average of $10,645. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IA)|
|Total Revenue||$9 MM||7427000|
|Revenue / Student||$12,109||10550|
|Spending / Student||$11,253||10645|
Emmetsburg Community School District Public Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- West Elementary School 602 Call St
Emmetsburg, IA 50536
Grades: PK-4 | 306 students
- Emmetsburg High School 205 King St
Emmetsburg, IA 50536
Grades: 9-12 | 263 students
- Emmetsburg Middle School 205 King Street
Emmetsburg, IA 50536
Grades: 5-8 | 238 students
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.