Nashua-Plainfield Community School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 3 public schools in Nashua-Plainfield Community School District, serving 613 students. Nashua-Plainfield Community School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Iowa.
- Public schools in Nashua-Plainfield Community School District have an average math proficiency score of 76% (versus the Iowa public school average of 76%), and reading proficiency score of 74% (versus the 74% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is 4/10, which is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Iowa.
- The top ranked public schools in Nashua-Plainfield Community School District are Nashua-plainfield Junior-seniorhigh School, Nashua-plainfield Elementary School and Nashua-plainfield Intermediate School. Overall testing rank is based on a school's combined math and reading proficiency test score ranking.
- Minority enrollment is 5% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the Iowa public school average of 24% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the Iowa public school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Nashua-Plainfield Community School District|
|School District Website||http://www.nashua-plainfield.k12.ia.us|
|School District Phone Number||(641) 435-4835|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IA)|
|# of Schools||3 Schools||1,330 Schools|
|# of Students||613 Students||502,459 Students|
|# of Teachers||47 Teachers||34,396 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
- Nashua-Plainfield Community School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 332 school districts in Iowa (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (IA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#217 out of 333 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 Students||1,874 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||12,683 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||7 Students||54,404 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||6 Students||30,879 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||580 Students||381,240 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||1,350 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||18 Students||20,029 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||42||22,072|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||33||38,247|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||40||34,902|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||58||36,010|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||32||36,631|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||50||37,922|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||51||37,957|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||43||37,546|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||40||37,038|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||43||36,371|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||46||37,643|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||33||37,027|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||46||36,147|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||56||36,946|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,679 in this school district is less than the state median of $14,090. The school district revenue/student has grown by 10% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,669 is less than the state median of $13,630. The school district spending/student has grown by 11% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (IA)|
|Total Revenue||$8 MM||$10 MM|
|Spending||$8 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,679||$14,090|
|Revenue / Student||$12,669||$13,630|
Nashua-Plainfield Community School District Public Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Nashua-plainfield Junior-seniorhigh School 612 Greeley St
Nashua, IA 50658
Grades: 7-12 | 264 students
- Nashua-plainfield Elementary School 621 Panama St
Nashua, IA 50658
Grades: PK-3 | 205 students
- Nashua-plainfield Intermediate School 417 Main St
Nashua, IA 50658
Grades: 4-6 | 144 students
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.