Jack London Community Day
Jack London Community Day places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Jack London Community Day's student population of 40 students has declined by 48% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 6 teachers has grown by 50% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Jack London Community Day's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has decreased from 20:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||23:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Van Nuys Jack London Continuation Grades: 9-12 | 69 students
12924 Oxnard St.
Van Nuys, CA 91401
(818)756-2794 0.1 9-12 69
- Van Nuys Ulysses S. Grant Senior High School Grades: 9-12 | 1873 students
13000 Oxnard St.
Van Nuys, CA 91401
(818)756-2700 0.1 9-12 1873
- North Hollywood John B. Monlux Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 707 students
6051 Bellaire Ave.
North Hollywood, CA 91606
(818)763-4693 0.4 K-5 707
- Los Angeles Lashon Academy Grades: K-6 | 266 students
7477 Kester Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90036
(818)514-4566 0.9 K-6 266
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.