Jack London Community Day
Jack London Community Day places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for gree lunch (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Jack London Community Day's student population of 70 students has declined by 18% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 4 teachers has declined by 20% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||70 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Jack London Community Day is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9032 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2011-2012 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (11-12)||≤20%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (11-12)||≤20%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Jack London Community Day is Los Angeles Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Los Angeles Unified School District's student population of 633,165 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 77% has increased from 61% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $12,871 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,853 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has grown by 13% over four school years.
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||633,165||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$8,437 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$9,736 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$12,871||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$14,853||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Van Nuys Jack London Continuation High School Grades: 9-12 | 128 students
12924 Oxnard St.
Van Nuys, CA 91401
(818)756-2794 0.1 9-12 128
- Van Nuys Ulysses S. Grant Senior High School Grades: 9-12 | 1960 students
13000 Oxnard St.
Van Nuys, CA 91401
(818)756-2700 0.1 9-12 1960
- North Hollywood John B. Monlux Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 684 students
6051 Bellaire Ave.
North Hollywood, CA 91606
(818)763-4693 0.4 K-5 684
- Los Angeles Lashon Academy Grades: K-6 | 183 students
7477 Kester Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90036
(818)514-4566 0.9 K-6 183
We report on Hawaii’s stellar progress in its Race to the Top efforts and how the support of one philanthropic organization on the Islands is contributing to that success.
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
We offer tips to help parents find the best fit in public education for their children, as well as how to know which public school their children should attend based on location.