Top Placements (California)
Lashon Academy is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Lashon Academy's student population of 183 students has grown by 75% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has grown by 80% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||183 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lashon Academy is ranked within the top 20% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has decreased from 21:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-79%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||24:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Lashon Academy is Los Angeles Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Los Angeles Unified School District's student population of 633,165 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $12,871 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,853 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has grown by 13% over four school years.
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||633,165||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$8,437 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$9,736 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$12,871||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$14,853||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Valley Village Burbank Boulevard Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 379 students
12215 Albers St.
Valley Village, CA 91607
(818)763-6497 0.2 K-5 379
- North Hollywood Amelia Earhart Continuation High School Grades: 9-12 | 98 students
5355 Colfax Ave.
North Hollywood, CA 91601
(818)769-4877 0.8 9-12 98
- North Hollywood John B. Monlux Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 684 students
6051 Bellaire Ave.
North Hollywood, CA 91606
(818)763-4693 0.8 K-5 684
- Van Nuys Jack London Community Day Grades: 9-12 | 70 students
12924-a Oxnard St.
Van Nuys, CA 91401
(818)756-2795 0.9 9-12 70
- Van Nuys Jack London Continuation High School Grades: 9-12 | 128 students
12924 Oxnard St.
Van Nuys, CA 91401
(818)756-2794 0.9 9-12 128