Jack London Continuation
- Jack London Continuation's student population of 69 students has declined by 44% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 8 teachers has grown by 60% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||69 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Jack London Continuation's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has decreased from 25:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#7857 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||23:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Van Nuys Jack London Community Day Grades: 9-12 | 40 students
12924-a Oxnard St.
Van Nuys, CA 91401
(818)756-2795 0.1 9-12 40
- Van Nuys Ulysses S. Grant Senior High School Grades: 9-12 | 1873 students
13000 Oxnard St.
Van Nuys, CA 91401
(818)756-2700 0.1 9-12 1873
- North Hollywood John B. Monlux Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 707 students
6051 Bellaire Ave.
North Hollywood, CA 91606
(818)763-4693 0.3 K-5 707
- Los Angeles Lashon Academy Grades: K-6 | 266 students
7477 Kester Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90036
(818)514-4566 0.9 K-6 266
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.