Burbank Boulevard Elementary School
- Burbank Boulevard Elementary School's student population of 379 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||379 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Burbank Boulevard Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Burbank Boulevard Elementary School is Los Angeles Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Los Angeles Unified School District's student population of 633,165 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $12,871 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,853 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has grown by 13% over four school years.
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||633,165||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$8,437 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$9,736 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$12,871||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$14,853||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Lashon Academy Grades: K-6 | 183 students
7477 Kester Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90036
(818)514-4566 0.2 K-6 183
- North Hollywood Amelia Earhart Continuation High School Grades: 9-12 | 98 students
5355 Colfax Ave.
North Hollywood, CA 91601
(818)769-4877 0.6 9-12 98
- North Hollywood North Hollywood Senior High School Grades: 9-12 | 2610 students
5231 Colfax Ave.
North Hollywood, CA 91601
(818)753-6200 0.7 9-12 2610
- Valley Village Colfax Charter Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 682 students
11724 Addison St.
Valley Village, CA 91607
(818)761-5115 0.9 K-5 682
- North Hollywood John B. Monlux Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 684 students
6051 Bellaire Ave.
North Hollywood, CA 91606
(818)763-4693 1.0 K-5 684
Nearby Homes for Sale
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.