New Horizons Charter Academy
Top Placements (California)
New Horizons Charter Academy is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- New Horizons Charter Academy's student population of 251 students has grown by 97% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has grown by 71% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||251 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- New Horizons Charter Academy is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has increased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of New Horizons Charter Academy is Los Angeles Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Los Angeles Unified School District's student population of 633,165 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $12,871 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,853 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has grown by 13% over four school years.
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||633,165||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$8,437 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$9,736 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$12,871||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$14,853||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- North Hollywood Victory Boulevard Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 557 students
6315 Radford Ave.
North Hollywood, CA 91606
(818)761-4676 0.7 K-5 557
- North Hollywood Amelia Earhart Continuation High School Grades: 9-12 | 98 students
5355 Colfax Ave.
North Hollywood, CA 91601
(818)769-4877 0.8 9-12 98
- North Hollywood East Valley Senior High School Grades: 9-12 | 612 students
5525 Vineland Ave.
North Hollywood, CA 91601
(818)753-4400 0.9 9-12 612
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.