James E Moss School
James E Moss School places among the top 20% of public schools in Utah for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 1%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- James E Moss School's student population of 621 students has grown by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||621 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- James E Moss School's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has increased from 21:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (UT)|
|Overall School Rank||#871 out of 932 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||GRANITE DISTRICT School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Provo Treeside Charter School Grades: M
1724 South State Street
Provo, UT 84606
(801)809-5009 0.2 M n/a
- Salt Lake City Utah Virtual Academy Grades: K-12 | 1989 students
310 E 4500 S, Suite 620
Salt Lake City, UT 84107
(801)262-4922 0.2 K-12 1989
- Salt Lake City Granite Connection High School Grades: K-12 | 500 students
501 E 3900 S
Salt Lake City, UT 84107
(385)646-5435 0.7 K-12 500
- Salt Lake City Lincoln School Grades: PK-6 | 588 students
450 E 3700 S
Salt Lake City, UT 84115
(385)646-4894 1.0 PK-6 588
- Salt Lake City Hartvigsen School Grades: K-8 | 70 students
1510 W 5400 S
Salt Lake City, UT 84123
(385)646-4585 1.1 K-8 70
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.