Jesse C White Learning Academy
Jesse C White Learning Academy places among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Jesse C White Learning Academy's student population of 503 students has grown by 104% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 31 teachers has grown by 106% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||503 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Jesse C White Learning Academy's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#3112 out of 3,544 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hazel Crest SD 152-5 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Markham Barack H Obama Learning Academy Grades: PK-8 | 477 students
16448 S Park Ave
Markham, IL 60428
(708)825-2400 1.2 PK-8 477
- Markham Prairie-hills Junior High School Grades: 6-8 | 884 students
Markham, IL 60428
(708)210-2860 1.2 6-8 884
- Hazel Crest Highlands Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 296 students
3420 Laurel Ln
Hazel Crest, IL 60429
(708)335-9773 1.3 K-5 296
- Harvey Riley Preschool Grades: PK | 199 students
16001 Lincoln Ave
Harvey, IL 60426
(708)210-3960 1.3 PK 199
- Country Club Hills Nob Hill Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 159 students
3701 168th St
Country Club Hills, IL 60478
(708)335-9770 1.6 K-5 159
Jesse White Learning Academy is a great neighborhood school. The teachers and principal are caring and professional. Whenever I have an issue or need to see the principal, she is always available. Some of the kids and parents don't care about what they do or how they do it. One time another kid hit my son and I went to speak to the parent, that parent blamed me and my kid and even threatened us. I was just being a concerned responsible parent. I have 4 children in this school and I love it. Ms. K is a good teacher and Dr. Levie is a great principal.
- Posted by Parent - Molly
my son attends woodland school for four years and i, as a parent can truly say that it is a very good school, they have excellent teacher who cares about the children education.I also want to commend the principal on a excellent job.KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!
- Posted by Parent - walke
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.