John V Lindsay Wildcat Academy Charter School
John V Lindsay Wildcat Academy Charter School places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- John V Lindsay Wildcat Academy Charter School's student population of 481 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school / Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||481 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- John V Lindsay Wildcat Academy Charter School is ranked within the top 50% of all 4,239 schools in New York (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has increased from 20:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#2035 out of 4239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (13-14)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||John V Lindsay Wildcat Academy Charter School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Battery Park City School Grades: K-8 | 822 students
55 Battery Pl
New York, NY 10011
(212) 266-5800 0.1 K-8 822
- New York Lower Manhattan Community Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 383 students
26 Broadway-6th Fl
New York, NY 10004
(646) 826-8100 0.2 6-8 383
- New York Millennium High School Grades: 9-12 | 668 students
75 Broad St
New York, NY 10004
(212) 825-9008 0.2 9-12 668
- New York Urban Assembly School Of Business For Young Women Grades: 9-12 | 238 students
New York, NY 10004
(212) 668-0169 0.2 9-12 238
- New York Leadership & Public Service High School Grades: 9-12 | 521 students
90 Trinity Pl
New York, NY 10006
(212) 346-0007 0.3 9-12 521
If you know any young person who wants to earn a high school diploma while working on an internship, JVL Wildcat Academy may be for you! Transfer applications are available for September. We offer a safe, welcoming, non-violent environment for all. Participate in student activities, trips, team sports, college trips, etc. while going to classes & working a 20-hour per week internship on alternate weeks: Hone your journalism, computer graphics or photography skills on the school newspaper or yearbook. Sample the work world with assignments in retail, health care, manufacturing, office support, animal care & welfare, community development, law & criminal justice, education, marketing & business, etc. Or learn about the restaurant business at our in-house culinary program. You must have previously attended high school to transfer. Lottery applications are now being accepted for Fall 2014 admission. For students with more than 20 credits, call our Battery Place campus Admissions at 212-209-6006 or drop by for an application (17 Battery Place, first floor, corner of West St). All other students call our Hunts Point campus Admissions at 212-209-6119, write us at CAsher@jvlwildcat.org or come in for an application (1239 Lafayette Ave, corner of Barretto St).
- Posted by Administrator - pjack
Nearby Homes for Sale
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.